summary

Cooking without a safety net

Thursday, March 12, 2015

talk nerdy to me

Did you know this Saturday is the Pi Day of the century?  I've marked Pi Day for years, and it cracks me up that Dad is guaranteed to call me on two days each year: my birthday, and March 14, just to wish me a happy pi day.

This year, it's not just 3.14, but 3.14.15, and at 9:26:53 (in the morning, for those of you on a 24-hour clock), Pi Day will carry nine decimal places.  How great is that?!  I suggest you make something round to mark the occasion.  Pie, pizza, perfectly formed cookies, it's up to you.  I've made other plans, but here's a couple pictures to inspire you.

Pecan Pi!
Same dish, less Pi

Bluebird Pi! Pizza with barbecue sauce, Bleu cheese, grilled chicken, caramelized onion, and green bell pepper.
Chicken Pot Pi!
Key Lime Pi!
Fun fact: during my first year in college, when I was adjusting to terrible dorm food and really missed Mom's cooking, I sent a postcard home wherein I had filled the message space, in very small printing, with a very long list of foods that I missed.  Every second item in the list was a different kind of pie.

I still miss your cooking, Mom, and I miss you, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment