summary

Cooking without a safety net

Thursday, June 12, 2014

something's fishy

Last year, when the Chief Taster finished paying off her school loans and declared herself free, I made her a celebratory dinner.  Popovers (possibly her favorite form of bread), chocolate chess pie (which I grew up eating, and she had never met before, but instantly loved), and this Hearty Seafood Stew.  I was very pleased with myself, and she made lots of happy noises as she shoveled her way into the bowl, so I think it went well.


I cheat a little when I deal with shrimp; you can usually find peeled, deveined shrimp at the grocery (I get mine from the freezer case near the fish).  I still get the raw shrimp, but I save myself a lot of work because... I don't yet know how to peel and devein the little sea bugs in an efficient manner.  I need to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment