summary

Cooking without a safety net

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Dad bought us a pair of muffin pans for Christmas, and as of this writing, I've only used them to make two things (multiple times each): popovers, and apple cinnamon muffins.  I have no regrets, but someday soon I'm going to try some other muffins, and maybe, if I get extremely ambitious, tiny pies.

In the meantime, there are muffins.  I got the recipe from Betty Crocker, but the one she posted online uses Bisquick, and that's not what I have in my book.

Start by slicing the apples thin.  You can peel them first, but  if you chop them finely, it really doesn't matter, and you get better fiber and nutrient content this way.  Also, I am lazy.

Stack up a few slices and cut them in both remaining directions.

Got everything in the bowl?  Good.  Mix it up.  If you feel it needs more cinnamon, or nutmeg, or maybe even a little ground cloves, those are all good.  Anything that works in an apple pie works in apple muffins.

Admittedly, this looks pretty awful now, but this is just a big pile of batter (with raw egg), so you shouldn't eat it,  anyway.

Spoon your batter into the muffin cups after greasing the bottoms only.  The recipe I have says it makes a dozen muffins, so I just try to get roughly the same amount in each cup.

After baking.  The Girl prefers them with streusel topping, but I had an eight-hour drive ahead of me, so I was lazy that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment